Mmmmmmmm.... what do you think of the truffles I made? They taste delicious!
I would normally pay a lot of money for a box of truffles that look and taste as good as these. But why buy them when you can make them yourself for a fraction of the price and have fun with it too! Plus you'd know exactly what goes in them. These would make a lovely handmade gift or simply to enjoy for dessert.
To make 10 pieces all you need is:
- 100 grams of chocolate
- 100ml double cream
- a teeny weeny bit of butter.
- If you're not using chocolate chips, grate the chocolate yourself. It might take a while but you'll be toning your arms while you're at it ;)
- Heat the double cream over medium heat.
- Once bubbles appear, add the butter. You only need a small amount - about a quarter of a teaspoon.
- Stir in the butter really quick so that it completely melts before the cream starts to boil then remove from the stove immediately.
- Stir this mixture bit by bit into the chocolate until it is nice and creamy. Leave it in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Take the chocolate mixture out of the fridge and leave at room temperature for half an hour.
- After half an hour, take out any ingredients you want to use to coat your truffles. I used the Caramel Kiss Mix hot chocolate from Hotel Chocolat (it's grated chocolate with little white chocolate hearts), cocoa, icing sugar and ground almonds. You can also use chocolate chips, desiccated coconut, melted chocolate or whatever you like.
- Roll the truffles into small balls and roll into the toppings.
- If the rolling melts the chocolate, return to the fridge for a few minutes to set.
Now they're ready to eat!