Thursday 17 February 2011

Nvey Eco Lip Lustre



I had been looking for a clear gloss for some time so I was very excited when I found the Nvey Eco Lip Lustre in Nude. This shade may appear to be a white colour but I can assure you that it comes on clear. I chose Nude because I decided that it would look great on its own and instead of buying lip glosses in different shades, I could wear it over any of my lipsticks for a glossy finish.

What I like about this gloss is its texture. Instead of thick and sticky, it is nice and light. Quite like oil really. So don't worry about getting your hair stuck on your lips on windy days.

Its oily formula, made up of coconut oil, castor oil, palm wax, beeswax and orange oil, is also very moisturising, which I love because some lip glosses I have used in the past actually made my lips dry.

But overall, this product didn't quite cut it for me and this is why...

As much as I love the texture, it is literally like applying oil to your lips. It only gave my lips a very subtle sheen, which came off very easily. And because it's so light, the wand rubs off my lipstick so the top half of my lip gloss has turned a pink colour.

For £19 (Love Lula), I would expect a much better product. I might as well use oil from my kitchen cupboard on my lips for a tiny fraction of the price.

Don't let this put you off the rest of Nvey's range, such as their concealer, which I have also reviewed.

xx

No comments: