Sunday 17 April 2011

Rachel's review


Rachel's is one of my favourite food brands. Not only are their products very tasty but as they are organic I trust that their ingredients are natural and that the cows that produce the milk and well looked after and fed well.

Rachel's kindly sent me a HUGE box of goodies a while back for a competition I won and this is what was inside. (Click on the pic to enlarge)


As you can see it's a variety of their desserts which included 8 pots of yogurt and 2 pots of rice pudding.

The Greek Style yogurts are very rich and creamy. I've never tasted Greek style yogurt this creamy before. In fact it's so rich that I woudn't recommend swallowing lots of it in one go.

I like to try different ways with the plain Greek Style yogurt. It works well with a combination of fresh fruit, chopped nuts and honey.

The honey flavoured one tastes exactly like the plain one mixed entirely with honey. I love greek style yogurt with honey but I much prefer topping plain yogurt with a drizzle of honey rather than stirring it in completely. Nonetheless it tastes absolutely gorgeous and makes a great dessert.

I love how the texture of the coconut in the coconut yogurt was like fresh coconuts rather than desiccated. I think that one would have to be my favourite out of the three Greek Style yogurts.

The fruit yogurts are all very tasty. The fat-free blackcurrant one has a vibrant purple colour and has pips in it. It has the slightly dry texture of real blackcurrants but the fruity flavour is mouthwatering. It's limited edition so get it while you can!

The mango, pineapple and passion fruit one is my favourite out of the fruit yogurts. As the low-fat yogurts are much thinner than the Greek Style yogurts, the fresh and juicy fruit pieces give it some extra texture.

I was curious about the rhubarb and the gooseberry yogurts as I assumed that they'd be very sour but they only had a little sour kick and tasted yummy.

I've saved the best till last. Let me tell you, Rachel's make the best rice pudding I have ever had. The texture is rich and creamy and the flavour is perfect. The only problem with their rice pudding is that everyone at home loves them so they don't last very long in the fridge!

I can't wait to try more of their products!

Have you tried any of their range? If so, what do you think of it?

xx

No comments: