Grilling food is one of the healthiest ways to cook as you need very little oil. A great thing about grilling chicken is that you can also flavour it as you wish. Add whatever you like plus a little olive oil and shove it into the grill.
This is the chicken I made today. I know some of the onion is burned lol. I made the recipe as I went along. It's very simple.
1) Preheat the grill. My grill only has one setting so if you are using an electric grill make sure the temperature is medium. You don't want the temperature too high otherwise the outside would be golden but the inside wouldn't be completely cooked.
2) After washing the chicken (I used chicken thighs but you can use whatever) place them into a roasting tray and using a sharp knife, make small slits into the chicken so that it will absorb the flavours.
3) Add: salt, pepper, malt vinegar, juice of half a lemon, about a tablespoon of rosemary and half an onion.
4) Flip the chicken over and make sure that it is completely coated in the dressing.
5) Place the pan into the grill or if you are using an electric oven simply place each chicken and the onion onto the grill.
6) After 10 mins, turn the chicken over.
7) After another 10 mins the chicken should be golden and the onion should have browned. If not, leave it to cook for at least 5 mins.
8) Serve and enjoy
You can serve this in wholegrain pitta with hummus and plenty of salad but since I used chicken thighs I had rice instead. Wholegrain rice is much better but my mother cooked white rice :( It had spices and tomato in it and tasted lovely. I'll ask her for the recipe and share it with you sometime.
I made a juicy tomato salad to serve with it. Just salt, a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dried mint.
A good diet tip is to put your food into a small plate or bowl to give the illusion that it is really full of food so that's what I did. It looks a lot but it really wasn't. It was filling though.