Tuesday 16 August 2011

Tasty courgette soup



This has got to be my favourite soup ever. I can eat bowlfuls of this stuff. My family love it too. I first had it when I had dinner at Radisson but why eat at a fancy hotel when you can make it at home for a fraction of the price. And, yes, it tastes just the same. Very easy too when you use Kallo organic stock. I have tried it with their Vegetable stock and their Garlic and Herbs stock so far and they came out tasting great.

(Serves 4)

You will need:
  • 1 kg courgettes
  • 225g potatoes
  • 1 onion
  • 1 litre vegetable stock
  • 2 cloves garlic (omit if using Kallo garlic and herbs stock)
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp oregano (omit is using Kallo garlic and herbs stock)

  1. Wash and chop the courgettes and potatoes. It is best to leave the courgettes unpeeled but I prefer to peel them if they're not organic
  2. Slice the onion and crush the garlic
  3. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onions and garlic. Fry for about 5 mins whilst stirring occasionally
  4. Add the potatoes and cover with half of the stock
  5. Bring to a boil then leave to simmer for 15 mins
  6. Add the courgettes, salt and pepper, oregano and the remainder of the stock
  7. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally until cooked
  8. Puree in a blender. You may need to add more water depending on the texture preferred. Reheat if you need to
Enjoy and let me know what you think!

xx

1 comment:

yogamadmum said...

yummmmm that looks delicious i think i'll give it a go