Saturday 30 October 2010

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap



Following my previous soap review, I wanted a soap that is 100% natural. So naturally I went on Lovelula.com and started a difficult decision on which of their many soaps to get.

I have never seen so much soap on one website. Not even at a supermarket or Lush!  (Yes you read that correctly!) Many of the soaps are part of the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps range, which come in solid bar form, hand washes and multi-purpose liquid soaps that can be used in the shower. Scents include peppermint, rose and lavender, to name a few. Even though they are scented, they are 100% natural including the fragrances. Most of the ingredients are also organic and fair trade.

Eventually, I decided to go for the unscented baby-mild soap as I love the creamy smell of baby soap. Unfortunately, it turned out not to smell like that but it does have a mild familiar smell  to it (due to the combination of different natural oils, I assume) that I really like.

The soap comes in it's traditionally designed packaging, which is 10% hemp-flax and 90% post cosnumer recycled paper. The soap is pretty big - probably about the size of 2 regular soap bars. So at £3.49 it is quite good value.

When using it, I noticed that it doesn't melt and lather in my hands. So by not melting, you'll be using less soap and it will last you longer. It does start to lather when massaging my hands together. In fact, it produces A LOT of foam (no wonder it's called magic soap) so you don't need to use a lot of soap to begin with.

When rising my hands, they felt very silky because of the many natural oils the soap contains such as coconut oil and jojoba seed oil.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and would definitely keep buying from this range. I think next time I will try peppermint.

xx

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh that sounds perfect for me cos I have sensitive skin. Thanks for the review.

- Rachael x

Majeeda said...

I've always wanted to try Dr Bronners. It always seems to get rave reviews. But, I make my own soap...I think I must be a soap addict :P

Eden Angel said...

I really like this one and recommend it. Eventually I want to make my own soaps though. It sounds fun x